23 February, 2010

Late-February News

Hey guys :)

Well, I haven't updated in a while because there hasn't been a ton of new information, but I did find out some more things recently so here we go with a short briefing.

It is definite now that I will be in Niigata-shi, and that I will be leaving Huntsville on March 21st to arrive in Tokyo, Japan on March 22. There, I'll have four days of orientation and training while staying at the Narita View Hotel. Then I'll be given a ticket and shown to a train station where I'll make my way north to Niigata. I'll be met by someone either with Interac or someone from the local community who knows English and can help me out with getting a cell phone, a Japanese bank account, how to turn on the heat, that sort of thing. There will probably be further training when I get to the Board of Education in Niigata and get my assigned schools and that sort of thing.

I had to get a TB test recently (it came back negative), and I'm getting an international driver's license as well as my visa, since my Certificate of Eligibility came in the mail recently. I actually won't be dealing with the Nashville Consulate, either, because Alabama is under the jurisdiction of the Atlanta Consulate. And I will definitely agree with something Lauren mentioned one time: when you get passport photos taken, go ahead and get about six of them. You'll need them.

Other than that, mostly I'm just preparing to leave and wrapping up things at work since I let my managers and some of my co-workers know that I'm leaving. It's surreal to think that a month from today I'll be back in Japan. I guess it's about time to start packing!

More soon. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment